For Tutors: Setup emails on your device
On this page you will find instructions on how to access Mary Ward Centre email on different devices. The set up instructions vary depending on your device type and a common selection of instructions are available below.
1. Open the web page www.marywardcentre.ac.uk/email
and enter your Mary Ward Centre email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. You may be asked to choose a new password. Fill in the form with your current email and password, then pick a new password and confirm it.
3. You may be asked to choose language and timezone. Choose English (United Kingdom) and (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London
4. You should now have access to your mailbox
You will need to have a PIN, pattern or similar lock on your phone.
You will need to allow the Mary Ward Centre email server security access to some aspects of your phone.
This will allow you to remotely wipe your device from by logging in to Mary Ward webmail. If you don’t want to allow this then you will not be able to setup email on an android phone. Instead browse to the Mary Ward Webmail
web page on login with your email address and password.
1.Open the device’s Settings menu and select Accounts
2. Select Add Account
3. Select Exchange which may also be listed as Exchange and Office365
4. Enter your Mary Ward Centre email address. Then tap NEXT
5. Enter your Mary Ward Centre Password. Then tap NEXT
6. Tap OK on the prompt the appears.
7. Check that the settings are correct then tap NEXT
8. Tap on OK to allow the Mary Ward Centre email server security access to some aspects of your phone.
9. This screen lists the permissions that the email server requires. Tap on ACTIVATE to Finish setting up your account.
10. Your email account should now be successfully configured.
1. From the Home screen, tap Settings
2. Tap Accounts & Passwords
3. Tap Exchange
4. Enter your Mary Ward Centre e-mail address and password. Changing the description is optional, but it can be helpful to change it if you have multiple email accounts on your phone.
5. If you receive a ‘Cannot verify identity’ error, tap continue. Then enter the server address as: mail.marywardcentre.ac.uk, leave the domain blank and enter your Mary Ward Centre email address as the username.
6. Select what you want to synchronise with your iPhone/iPad
7. Your email account should now be successfully configured.
Manual Exchange Settings
1. In Outlook click on File > Info > Add Account
2. Type in your Name, Email address and Password. Then click Next
3. If the details are correct and the connection successful you should see 3 green ticks. Click on Finish
4. When Outlook restarts enter your email address and password and tick the box Remember my credentials if you don’t want to enter them each time Outlook starts.
5. Your Mary Ward account should now appear as an additional account.
Email: Full Mary Ward Centre email address; username followed by @marywardcentre.ac.uk
Domain: Leave this blank
Username: Full Mary Ward Centre email address
Password: Mary Ward Centre password