New: Creative Ageing: How Not To Retire
This course looks at the opportunities available to
us in mid and later life as we continue to want to
live active, fulfilling and creative lives. We will look
at how to develop our creativity and discover the
many creative opportunities available to us. We will
learn how to take our ideas and turn them into a
reality through setting goals, good planning and
managing our time effectively.
Who is this course for
Anyone who wants to live large in mid and later life. This course looks at the opportunities available in mid and later life to help you build a more active, fulfilling and creative experience.
What does this course cover
- What are the benefits of work
- Ways of working (passion projects/paid and unpaid/the gig economy)
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Creativity and wellbeing
- Staying connected: social engagement and identifying your tribe
- Using creative visualisations to goal plan
- Why where you live matters
By the end of the course you should be able to-
- Produce a blueprint of how you want to live in mid and later life
- Understand the merits of work and how to recreate the benefits of work in the absence of a conventional working pattern
- Identify a source(s) of creativity to pursue
- Possess a map of social connectivity and understand its importance
- Identifiy a passion project for later life and have a project outline
- Consider housing options
What will it be like
- Group work
- Pairs work
- Podcasts and TED talks
- Individual work
- Ongoing peer and tutor assessment
What else do you need to buy or do
Please bring a pen and writing pad for personal notes. There will be an activity for you to do between classes, but there are no material costs to do this course.
What this course could lead to
Student may be interested in enrolling on other personal development classes such as Confidence through Play or look at art and humanities courses. Tutor to advise
I've been to many Centres to study in London and the Mary Ward Centre is one of the nicest I've studied in.MWC student
This course has concessions available for people who meet certain criteria
Got a Question about this Course?
Contact The Departmental Administrator.
Why come to Mary Ward Centre?
Mary Ward Centre is the adult education centre with a difference. We provide a wide range of subjects for people at all levels and run courses during the day, evening or weekend to suit your timetable.
Get inspired and enjoy excellent teaching in an environment where each individual’s learning experience is valued. That’s what makes Mary Ward Centre ‘the friendly place to learn.’