New: Creative Ageing: How Not To Retire
This course looks at the opportunities available to us in mid and later life as we continue to want to live active, fulfilling lives but still make changes in what we want to do and how we may want to do this. We will look at ways of working as we age and practical goal planning to help develop passion projects and creativity for ourselves. We will also look at the different ways in which we can stay connected with other people and develop new opportunities in this area.
Who is this course for
Anyone who wants to live large in mid and later life
What does this course cover
- What are the benefits of work
- Ways of working (passion projects/paid and unpaid/the gig economy)
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Creativity and wellbeing
- Staying connected: social engagement and identifying your tribe
- Using creative visualisations to goal plan
- Why where you live matters
By the end of the course you should be able to-
- Produce a blueprint of how you want to live in mid and later life
- Understand the merits of work and how to recreate the benefits of work in the absence of a conventional working pattern
- Identify a source(s) of creativity to pursue
- Possess a map of social connectivity and understand its importance
- Identifiy a passion project for later life and have a project outline
- Consider housing options
What will it be like
- Group work
- Pairs work
- Podcasts and TED talks
- Individual work
- Ongoing peer and tutor assessment
What else do you need to buy or do
Please bring a pen and writing pad for personal notes. There will be an activity for you to do between classes, but there are no material costs to do this course.
What this course could lead to
This is a one-off course but it complements 'Taking control in mid and later life'
I've been to many Centres to study in London and the Mary Ward Centre is one of the nicest I've studied in.MWC student
This course has concessions available for people who meet certain criteria
Got a Question about this Course?
Contact The Departmental Administrator.
Why come to Mary Ward Centre?
Mary Ward Centre is the adult education centre with a difference. We provide a wide range of subjects for people at all levels and run courses during the day, evening or weekend to suit your timetable.
Get inspired and enjoy excellent teaching in an environment where each individual’s learning experience is valued. That’s what makes Mary Ward Centre ‘the friendly place to learn.’