What is eduroam?
eduroam is a free WiFi (wireless) service which allows users from participating institutions, such as the Mary Ward Centre, to securely access the Internet from any eduroam WiFi network around the world.
Why use eduroam?
eduroam can be access using your own device e.g. phone, tablet, laptop, etc.
Staff and tutors of the Mary Ward Centre who have a Mary Ward Centre account can login to eduroam with the same credentials they use to login to their webmail or PC.
These same credentials will work at any eduroam WiFi network around the world.
How do I use eduroam?
From the Mary Ward Centre
1. In order to access eduroam for the first time your device needs to be setup.
First download the eduroam app from the iOS, Google play or Windows store
2. Browse to the eduroam CAT website on your device, using 3G/4G or a WiFi connection that is NOT eduroam.
3. Once on the eduroam CAT website:
Click the link to download the eduroam installer.
4. During the setup process you will be prompted to enter your credentials.
Please enter your email address as your username, followed by your normal password.
Your username must contain @marywardcentre.ac.uk or you will not be connected.
Example username: firstname.lastname@example.org
From another institution
If you already have eduroam setup on your device then just search for the eduroam WiFi network and connect.
If you don’t have eduroam setup on your device then contact your institutions help desk for instructions on setting this up.
Terms and Conditions
By connecting to eduroam you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions;
- Wireless service policy
- Janet eduroam policy
- Staff – Information Systems Security & Electronic Communications Policy