Financial Support and Concessionary Fees
Help With The Cost Of Studying
We have a student support Fund for students who need the help with fees or other costs of studying, such as travel, materials or childcare. You can apply to the fund and we will do our best to help you.
Download an application form. If you have any questions or need help with the application form please ask reception or speak to Lynn Sowerby: Tel 020 7269 6096 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mary Ward Centre is committed to enabling people to learn. We offer concessionary rates on many of our courses. If you think you are entitled to a concessionary fee them you need to enrol by phone or in the Centre.
You are eligible for concessions if you are:
- in receipt of an income based benefit, or are the unwaged dependent of someone who is claiming.
The full concession may apply to you if you are unemployed* and:
- in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance (JSA) or Employment Support Allowance (ESA) in the work related activity group;
- receive Universal Credit and are determined by JCP as being in one of the following categories:
- All Work-Related Requirements Group
- Work Preparation Group
- Work- Focused Interview group
- earn less than 16 times the national Minimum Wage (currently £7.20 – 25+, £6.70 – 21-24, £5.30 -18-20) a week or £330.00 per month and in receipt of means tested benefits, are enrolling on one of a small number of courses leading to a qualification and intending to use that qualification to get work
*The definition of unemployed is:
Someone who earns less than 16 times the national Minimum Wage (currently £7.20 – 25+, £6.70 – 21-24, £5.30 -18-20) a week or £330.00 per month and receives state benefits.
For students who are unemployed and receive JSA/ESA or Universal Credit or a means tested benefit some courses may be FREE, such as some ESOL, English, Maths, Computer, Business & IT courses.
Can’t afford to study?
If you are on a low income, we may be able to help you via our Student Support Fund, which provides money for students to help with travel to and from the Centre, for childcare, materials and equipment for courses, and help with fees. An information leaflet is available from Reception.