Coronavirus (COVID-19): latest information and advice
Since the outbreak of the Coronavirus we have been following guidance from the Department of Education and Public Health England. Our response to the latest advice is as follows:
- Students should follow the guidance on hand washing and personal hygiene – see attached posters
- If you feel unwell (a new persistent cough or a high temperature) the advice is to stay at home and self-isolate for 7 days.
- For those students who are older (over 65’s) and/or if you have underlying health issues/problems you should consider whether it is safe to come to class
Obviously, this is a fluid and changing situation. We receive regular updates and will act accordingly if and when the advice changes. We will endeavour to keep everyone up-to-date with any changes in the following ways:
- Via email.
- We will update our website with any changes and encourage you to check this regularly.
- We will up-date our telephone answering machine messages with those changes if and when they happen
With uncertainty around the ability to stay open and in an attempt to mitigate against the high peak of the virus we have decided to delay the start of the summer term (Term 3) by 2 weeks until week commencing 11th May in order that people feel safe to return and sign up for classes. This will mean that all courses will be delayed by 2 weeks. For example if you course was due to start on 27th April it will now start on 11th May. We anticipate that our centres will be open from 20th April to take enrolments, unless there are further developments. We will update all the course dates on our website and encourage you to check the new dates of your courses.
The health and safety of our students is of paramount importance to us and we hope that you understand the reasons for taking these measures.
Head of Adult and Community Education