Welcome Back – Making Mary Ward A COVID Safe environment
We are really pleased to be able to welcome you back to the Centre.
Here is some brief information about the plan we are putting in place to keep us all safe at the Mary Ward. Clearly we live in a changing world and arrangements may vary as we move through the year. More detailed information will be provided nearer to the start of classes in September, including any special arrangements for you particular class. Our adaptation of our environment and practices should be seen alongside government guidance, regard to self-isolation and test and trace for example.
Changes in the way we have planned and programmed our classes
- We have reduced the number of classes we are running in the building and moved some classes wholly or partly online
- We have reduced the maximum number of students in each class to allow for 2 meter social distancing
- We have staggered start times so that only 3 classes start or finish at the same time.
Arriving at the Mary Ward and using shared areas
- Please do not arrive more than 15minutes before you classes start time as these are staggered at 15 min intervals, to ease social distancing as you move through the building.
- A sanitiser station is available at the door please use it on entering the building.
- Please wear a face covering until you are in your classroom and whenever you are moving about the building
- You will enter the building by the usual door on the café side of the of the building and a one way system will be in place using the cafe side stair case to move up the building and the reception side to come down.
In your classroom
- We have increased our cleaning regime e.g. additional cleaning of touch points
- Equipment will be provided for you to clean your space in the classroom when you arrive and before you leave
- Furniture has been arranged within the classroom to allow for social distancing
Craft Room Room B3
In the craft room we have installed a new ventilation supply system to introduce filtered air.
- The Café will be open to students only
Our current risk assessment is available here – this is a working document which we will continue to develop over the coming months