Welcome Back – Making Mary Ward A COVID Safe environment
In line with Government guidelines, we are pleased to announce that we are able to open for some face-to-face teaching at Queen Square and Rushworth Street and for students to come in for advice and enrolment where they need to. We are following government guidelines on providing covid-safe buildings and classrooms. We continue to follow advice and will update you if and when the situation changes.
Specifically for the Mary Ward Centre this means that both sites (Queen Square and Rushworth Street) will remain open for our programme of face-to-face classes. The advice from the Department of Education is “Education is exempt from any of the restrictions in all alert levels so they should remain open.’ This means that the increased restrictions around the rule of six and not meeting other households does not apply to an educational setting.
We continue to check the guidance regularly and review our plans as the situation develops.
We are really pleased to be able to welcome you back to the Centre.
Here is some brief information about the plan we are putting in place to keep us all safe at the Mary Ward. Clearly we live in a changing world and arrangements may vary as we move through the year. More detailed information will be provided nearer to the start of classes in September, including any special arrangements for you particular class. Our adaptation of our environment and practices should be seen alongside government guidance, regard to self-isolation and test and trace for example.
Above image: Students on a Watercolour course. If you look carefully you should be able to see the glass screens between the desks to add an extra level of safety
Our current risk assessment is available here – this is a working document which we will continue to develop over the coming monthsChanges in the way we have planned and programmed our classes
- We have reduced the number of classes we are running in the building and moved some classes wholly or partly online
- We have reduced the maximum number of students in each class to allow for 2 meter social distancing
- We have staggered start times so that only 3 classes start or finish at the same time.
Arriving at the Mary Ward and using shared areas
- Please do not arrive more than 15minutes before you classes start time as these are staggered at 15 min intervals, to ease social distancing as you move through the building.
- A sanitiser station is available at the door please use it on entering the building.
- Please wear a face covering until you are in your classroom and whenever you are moving about the building
- You will enter the building by the usual door on the café side of the of the building and a one way system will be in place using the cafe side stair case to move up the building and the reception side to come down.
- We have increased our cleaning regime e.g. additional cleaning of touch points
- Equipment will be provided for you to clean your space in the classroom when you arrive and before you leave
- Furniture has been arranged within the classroom to allow for social distancing
Craft Room Room B3
In the craft room we have installed a new ventilation supply system to introduce filtered air.
In the sculpture workshop the tables have dividers and students are wearing masks or visors.
- The Café will be open to students only
The café is open for takeout during the daytime. As you can see we have set up a socially distanced queuing system and installed screens. You can pre –order food to speed up the system.
More Information here