New: Taking Control In Mid And Later Life
Taking back control seems to be all the rage at the moment, but perhaps nowhere is doing this more important than when we enter mid and later life. This very practical course will look at how we can look to plan for our finances, living arrangements and our use of time to make the most of a happy, healthy and fulfilling stage of our lives.
Who is this course for
Anyone who wants to plan for mid and later life
What does this course cover
- Creating a budget for your future self
- Identifying and building your social supports for later life
- Understanding Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)
- Financial independence
- Housing options in later life
- Optimising your health outcomes
By the end of the course you will
1. Produce a monthly budget for your future self
2. Understand what income streams will be available in mid and later life
3. Obtain a pension forecast
4. Understood what a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA ) is (students will have forms to take away)
5. Identify and understand the importance of, and map social support networks
6. Create health optimisation goals
7. Consider housing options and explored downsizing and minimalism
What will it be like
- Group work
- Pairs work
- Podcasts and TED talks
- Individual work
- Ongoing peer and tutor assessment
What else do you need to buy or do
Please bring along a pen and a writing pad for your personal notes.
What this course could lead to
This is a one-off course but it complements 'Creative Ageing: 'How not to retire.'
I've been to many Centres to study in London and the Mary Ward Centre is one of the nicest I've studied in.MWC student
Got a Question about this Course?
Contact The Departmental Administrator.
Why come to Mary Ward Centre?
Mary Ward Centre is the adult education centre with a difference. We provide a wide range of subjects for people at all levels and run courses during the day, evening or weekend to suit your timetable.
Get inspired and enjoy excellent teaching in an environment where each individual’s learning experience is valued. That’s what makes Mary Ward Centre ‘the friendly place to learn.’